Event Advice from Dani King
“Rowe & King” (http://roweandking.com/ ) offer bespoke coaching packages in the sport of cycling.
Luke Rowe has won a handful of National and European titles and is now a well-established professional rider on ‘Team Sky.’ He has a top 10 finish in the iconic Paris- Roubaix road race and has also held the yellow jersey in the Tour of Britain.
Dani King also knows exactly how much time and effort goes in to completing a Challenge Adventure Charity (CAC) Ride, having completed the ‘Velo Vosges’ charity ride in 2008 as part of the Elliotts team!
Since then she has gone on to win three World Championship titles and an Olympic Gold medal at London 2012 in the team pursuit.
With a week to go until the start of the 3-day / 500 mile Massif Challenge 2016, we trust you are well prepared and looking forward to the ride - we truly hope you enjoy.
Here are a few last minute tips to help during the event;
1. Fuel well - make sure you eat little and often throughout the day.
2. Drink plenty! Depending on the temperature, make sure you drink a 500ml bottle every hour as an absolute minimum. If it’s hot - drink more.
3. Make sure your bike is in good working order. A trip to your local bike shop for a ‘once over’ may just save any mechanicals and ensure you are safe out on the road.
4. Invest in a good pair of cycling shorts that fit well! Being saddle sore is no fun, so pack some chamois cream too!
5. Be prepared - make sure you have some inner tubes, a pump and tyre leavers. A set of allen keys is also a good idea as you never know what’s around the corner.
To find out more about how Rowe & King can help you maintain your fitness after the Massif Challenge or if there are any other cycling training packages that you feel might assist different cycling goals you may have, email Matt at Rowe & King via firstname.lastname@example.org or 07949257940.